Some MDNA Statistics
- It is through the generosity of MDNA donors that many Mount Desert residents are able to remain in their own homes and “age in place”?
- Most MDNA patients receive weekly RN visits lasting 1-1.5 hours with a cost of approximately $175 per visit?
- Many of our patients could not remain in their own homes and/or live independently without these nursing visits and care?
- Those same patients cannot pay much, if anything, toward their care?
- What a wonderful impact donors to MDNA are making for residents of Mount Desert with their donations? Be sure to thank our donors!
In the past year, 251 items of durable medical equipment–i.e., wheelchairs, walkers, shower benches, lift chairs, commodes, etc were loaned to residents of the island at no cost to them and 305 returned.
- In the 68-year history of the Mount Desert Nursing Association, Registered Nurses have provided 93,899 visits to patients who were, or are, residents of the Town of Mount Desert.
Patient visit statistics for Fiscal Year January 1, 2015 to December 31, 2015
January 2015 65 visits July 2015 79 visits
February 2015 60 visits August 2015 86 visits
March 2015 67 visits September 2015 90 visits
April 2015 96 visits October 2015 92 visits
May 2015 78 visits November 2015 56 visits
June 2015 78 visits December 2015 66 visits
Total –913 visits
Reflected in those visits are 59 new patient visits, and 172 visits which were No Charge visits.