MDNA is Hiring!
MDNA is currently searching for a
Development and Communications Manager
and a Clinical Manager
See below for the job descriptions.
Click here for an application for employment.
Please email any applications and resumes to Amy McVety at email@example.com
Come grow with us!
MDNA is seeking a Development and Communications Manager to support the organization,
Executive Director (ED) and Board of Directors in promoting the resources we provide for our
community. This knowledge will allow the community to both take advantage of and support
these great home health services we offer. Additionally, the Development and Communications
Manager will promote and execute our annual fundraising events, annual mailings, and grant
submissions. This is a full-time salaried position with benefits located in Northeast Harbor,
Maine. Reports to the Executive Director.
About Mount Desert Nursing Association:
The Mount Desert Nursing Association (MDNA) is a not-for-profit home health agency serving
the residents of Mount Desert Island. We average approximately 275 visits monthly and
currently offer skilled nursing, physical therapy, occupational therapy, and home health aide
visits. We have proudly been serving our community and supporting our patients desire to age
in their homes for nearly 75 years!
1. Meet annual fundraising goals set with ED during budgeting process
2. Upgrade, update, and maintain fundraising database
3. Engage in professional development opportunities related to fundraising
4. In concert with Board and ED develop a vision and execute plan for a social media
5. Manage online and mail Annual Appeal fundraising campaigns
6. Lead Golf Tournament event to meet or exceed budgeted margin with volunteer
7. Serve as staff advisor to the Board Public Support committee
8. Lead Capital Campaign preparation
9. Create spring and fall newsletter
10. Oversee gift reporting and acknowledgements
11. Development, implementation, and oversight of volunteer program
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Professional development background, preferably 3-5 years of progressive fundraising
leadership experience, including: annual fundraising, major gifts, events management,
capital campaigns, planned giving and strategic planning
- Ability to write clearly and persuasively
- Possess an aesthetic sense to be able to develop appealing written and electronic
JOB DESCRIPTION: MANAGER OF CLINICAL SERVICES
Manager of Clinical Services is a multi-faceted position at MDNA. The Manager of Clinical Services is responsible for: 1) Safe and therapeutically effective service to patients and families; 2) Supervision of services to patients in their place of residence in accordance with attending physician orders and plans of care and strives to provide the highest quality of care; 3) Development and ongoing administration of the quality assessment and performance improvement (QAPI) program; and 4) Development and implementation of an Annual Infection Prevention & Control Plan
REPORTS TO:Executive Director
1. Manager of Clinical Services is a Registered Nurse (RN) who has graduated from an accredited school of nursing and is currently licensed to practice in Maine
- The Manager of Clinical Services may also be a licensed physician, physical therapist, speech language pathologist, occupational therapist, audiologist or social worker.
2. Three years of experience in health care preferred with one year in home care.3. knowledgeable of federal and state governmental regulations governing home health services4. Knowledge and ability to apply community health principles and practices.5. Ability to supervise, guide and develop skills and performance of service staff.6. Ability to exercise initiative and independent judgment.7. Ability to work with individuals, to enlist cooperation of many people to perform/achieve common goals.8. Ability to deal effectively with high levels of stress.9. Possess a current driver’s license and a dependable insured automobile.
General: 1. Understands and adheres to established Agency policies and procedures.2. Serves as a role model for all colleagues by setting an example of high standards in dress, conduct, cooperation and job performance.3. Maintains effective and positive communications with all staff.4. Observes confidentiality and safeguards all patient related information.5. Participates in planning for the orientation of new employees. Conducts selected orientation classes.6. Attends pertinent continuing education programs other than routine in-services and shares information with staff.7. Works with Administrator in identifying budgetary requirements and determining appropriate use of allocations.8. Consults with the Administrator to determine a staffing pattern which will accomplish stated objectives and promote maximum level of utilization of personnel.9. Accepts responsibility for regular attendance and punctuality and fulfills job requirements.
10. Maintains knowledge of and ensures compliance with federal and state regulations and accreditation standards as well as Agency policies and procedures in all patient care aspects of the Agency.11. Prepares and maintains current policies and procedures related to position responsibilities which meet
Medicare, Medicaid, accrediting bodies, state, etc. laws and implements such; revises concurrently.12. Serves as alternate Administrator in Administrator’s absence.13. Ability to create a MDI Island Community Coalition of Clinical Resources.14. Performs other duties as requested.
Patient Care Management: 1. Manages the day-to-day provision of appropriate care to patients utilizing best practice and industry standards resulting in high quality and financially responsible care.2. Available at all times during operating hours on days scheduled to work (or appoints a similarly qualified alternative.)3. Develops standards which ensure safe and therapeutically effective service to patients and families:
- Making patient and personnel assignments,
- Coordinating patient care,
- Coordinating referrals,
- Assuring that patient needs are continually assessed, and
- Assuring the development, implementation, and updates of the individualized plan of care. o Assures physician approval of care plans.
4. Oversees the scheduling of patients and assures they are seen timely.5. Responsible for the coordination of interdisciplinary team care, assuring each patient is assigned a primary case managing nurse or therapist.6. Assures that patients’ plans of care are developed, implemented and updated.7. Conducts patient case conferences, patient care meetings, in-services, staff meetings and maintains documentation.8. Participates in coordinating Agency’s services with services of other community agencies.9. Develops a cooperative relationship and communicates effectively and professionally with physicians and other health care providers.10. Ensures that all necessary supplies and equipment are available.11. Monitors equipment for appropriate use.12. Investigates, documents, and reports problems relating to patient care or conditions which might harm the patient and/or employee well-being.13. Addresses and corrects all patient concerns.14. Immediately reports any accident, incident, lost articles or unusual occurrence to the Administrator with documentation.
1. Establishes the functions and qualifications for each clinical service position.2. Coordinates orientation and training for clinical employees, assuring all assigned staff have the educational and training preparation to provide care. This may include preparation for certification.
- Responsible for the development, implementation, evaluation and redesign of an OASIS orientation program for clinicians that is customer focused, competency based, quality outcome focused, and in compliance with all rules and regulations.
- Responsible for orientation and on-going education to all staff related to optimal use of the electronic medical record.
- Responsible for the organization of annual evaluation of skills and content in collaboration with
3. Performs home visit evaluations, documents and reports findings, and develops time limited improvement plans.
4. Serves as a resource person to employees.5. Ensures documentation standards are in compliance with regulations and accreditation standards.6. Manages employee performance. Responsible for assigned staff performance evaluations.7. Executes progressive discipline up to and including termination.8. Shares on-call with nursing.
- Quality Assessment and Process Improvement (QAPI):
1. Responsible for the development, operationalization, and evaluation of the Annual Agency-widePerformance Improvement Plan that includes the education of all staff, enabling optimal performance.
- The Annual Performance Improvement Plan includes operating metrics, regulatory opportunities for improvement; and Outcome, Process, and Patient Engagement Measures.
- Analyzes, reports and trends Agency performance metrics including operational success factors,
Home Health Compare, patient engagement (CAHPS), and Star Reports to measure achievement of quantitative and qualitative standards.
2. Responsible for the orientation of new staff to Agency’s QAPI program.3. Assigns and oversees Responsible for performing professional administrative duties related to auditing, assessing, training and evaluating the performance improvement and regulatory compliance activities of the Agency.
4. Tracks and trends operational, quality and satisfaction measures and prepares reports.5. Establishes best practice and minimizes the risk of hospitalization through review of utilization statistics and adverse events, including the study of hospitalized patients. Findings are presented and interventions identified to reduce the risk of avoidable hospitalization.
6. Compiles Agency-wide and individual clinician performance/benchmarking reports.7. Reviews patient medical records for compliance with federal, state, accrediting bodies, local and
Agency policies and guidelines.8. Conducts monthly/quarterly clinical chart audits.9. Manages EMR alerts.10. Investigates and reports any problem relating to patient care or conditions which might harm the patient and/or employee well-being.11. Immediately reports and documents any accident, incident, lost articles or unusual occurrence to the
Administrator.12. Chairs PI committee; prepares PI report, minutes of meetings; forwards reports according to PI plan.13. Responds to requests for quality-improvement related information by oversight agencies such as the
Centers for Medicare and Medicaid and approved/related compliance vendors.14. Serves as point person on HIPAA questions and remains current with HIPAA regulation changes.15. Reports perceived or real HIPAA violations to the Administrator.16. Provides the final sign-off on all patient concerns and assures all are documented appropriately.
Infection Prevention & Control:
1. Responsible for the development, and implementation of an Annual Infection Control Plan that includes infection control practices and training that conform to OSHA regulations, CDC guidelines, accrediting body’s requirements, state and local regulations and currently accepted standards of practice.
- Performs a risk analysis to identify risks for the transmission and acquisition of infectious agents based on: o Geographic location and community served. o Results of analysis of infection prevention and
- Develops and maintains a surveillance program to identify, investigate and control infections or transmission of communicable disease specific to care/services provided in the home setting.
2. Ensures that provisions of equipment and supplies necessary to minimize the risk of infection with bloodborne pathogens or other potentially infectious materials are available to all employees at risk of exposure.
3. Establishes a process for educating patient/caregivers regarding infection control policies/ procedures.4. Assures standard precautions are used to prevent transmission of infectious agents.5. Responsible for minimizing potential exposures for other family members and visitors and the prevention of transmission by the HHA staff while transporting medical specimens and medical waste, such as sharps.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and stay organized
- Ability to think creatively
- Innovation in marketing and promotions, including graphic design a plus
The Mount Desert Nursing Association’s mission is to improve the health, safety, and
independence of the people of Mount Desert Island through the delivery of high quality and
compassionate skilled nursing and other in-home health care services, advocacy, education
and prevention programs.
- Knows and understands the agency mission in relation to own job position
- Demonstrates organizational awareness and observes/complies with all agency policies
- Conserves agency resources, maintains agency property, supplies and equipment in a
manner that demonstrates ownership and accountability
- Maintains work area to enhance its general appearance and reduce safety hazards
- Adheres to safety rules and exhibits preventive behavior
- Always observes confidentiality policy
- Maintain a positive attitude and constructively work for positive change
Starting Annual Salary will be $60,000 to $65,000 and includes a generous benefits and time-off
To Apply: Please send a letter of introduction, your resume and two examples of successful
campaigns you previously managed to the attention of Executive Director, Amy McVety
amy@mountdesertnursing dot org